Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9-9-09 UPDATE

WOW, this has been a great week.

1. Grandma's blood thinning medication is finally stable again. She doesn't have to have her ProTime checked for 4 weeks instead of every week.

2. Her new diabetic medication is working with fewer side effects than the other one. She doesn't have to see the doc for 1 month (instead of every week).

3. The walker stays in the bathroom for security there. She was using 2 canes for a couple of days and today she went to get her hair done, doctor visit and I took her out to lunch and she only used one of them, even though she took 2.

She is SO much better. I know that this has to do with several things.
I. I have gotten frustrated with her and told her so on several occasions.
2. I told her that I would do everything I could to help her, but she had to want to get better and until she showed me that, I was not going to baby her.
3. I put her on a very good multivitamin that I know dissolves as it is not a tablet, but a capsule.
4. I started giving her tumeric. This is used as a gentle detox of the liver to get all 3 of the POWERFUL antibiotics out of her system. It started working in about a week.

I am happy to say that she is laughing now and very proud that she is getting better and told the nurse today that she plans on getting good enough to drive again so she can be independent. YIPEE!

Thanks to everyone for all the prayers, good thoughts and everything else you have done for my Mom.
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment